Continuing Education Scholarship Application is open for pastors, associate pastors, and ministry interns of MMBA churches. Please see the scholarship guidelines and button link to access the full application below.
- Applicants must be either a pastor, associate pastor, or ministry intern of an MMBA church. A ministry intern is defined as someone who works for the church in an official capacity, paid or unpaid, for the purpose of preparing for ministry work in the future.
- All applicants must fill out the application form in its entirety. In addition, associate pastors and ministry interns must include the Lead Pastor Recommendation form.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage ministers and future ministers in their pursuit of further education that will undergird their ministry. Therefore, this scholarship will only be applied to ministry-related education programs, and only those programs that are not in opposition to the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000.
- The maximum amount of this scholarship will be $1000 per semester, up to two semesters per year. This scholarship will be paid directly to the applicant. Proof of educational expenses is required.
- In order to ensure that the scholarship money is being used wisely, those who request scholarships for multiple semesters will be asked to provide proof of the grade that they earned in the class that the previous disbursement was applied to. The MMBA recognizes that many of those who apply for scholarships also serve in ministry, and may have a family and/or another job. For some, the effort that it would take to earn an “A” in the class might be a sin, as it would rob them from focusing on more important things. Therefore, scholarships will be granted to those who have earned a “C” or better, or some other mark that indicates that the class was acceptably completed.
- The decision to award scholarships will rest solely with the OMC, with full discretion to approve or deny applications and to set the amount of the scholarships within these guidelines. If more requests are received than we can fulfill, priority will be given to those with a greater financial need. The decision of the OMC is final.
Return Form by Email or Mail:
Mail: Mid Maryland Baptist Association
c/o CrossLife Community Church
6625 Selnick Drive, Suite B
Elkridge, MD 21075